How to Get Personal Injury Clients Using Law Firm Radio Advertising
Attorney radio advertising is an underused form of legal marketing that can help law firms reach potential new personal injury clients. Some lawyers worry that radio may be expensive or ineffective, often because the delivered information is not in a physical form. However, they fail to understand that when potential clients receive messages delivered in the firm’s voice, it comes across in a more personal manner.
How can a law firm radio marketing assist attorneys in gaining new personal injury clients? The following is an overview.
Studies have shown that radio advertising reaches 88 percent of people whose households have hired a personal injury attorney in the prior 12 months.
- Radio advertising familiarizes potential clients with the law firm and its attorneys.
- Radio advertising is easily tracked so that the law firm can quickly and efficiently determine which ads — and which stations —
- deliver the best return on investment.
- Delivering information orally is effective and can capture the attention of potential clients.
- Direct-response radio advertisements encourage potential clients to take action immediately.
- Direct-response radio advertisements can drive traffic to the law firm’s website or to pick up the phone and call the attorney for access to a free book or other information provided by the firm.
- Because relatively few attorneys take advantage of radio advertising, the listener is more likely to truly hear and process the message being delivered by the law firm.
Most attorneys start their firms assuming that being a really, really good attorney should, in and of itself, be a marketing advantage. Those attorneys believe that joining a whole bunch of committees and putting their name in lawyer directories is “marketing,” and they never bother to ask if there is a better way.
Attorneys are catching on, however, and those who succeed learn to leverage their current resources to create effective (and ethical) marketing. What they discover isn’t a magic pill or silver bullet but a different approach to marketing that your competitors haven’t considered.
by Ben Glass
Ben is a nationally recognized expert in attorney marketing and the owner of Great Legal Marketing.