What Are Examples of Good Topics for My Law Firm Book?
Choosing an appropriate topic area for your legal marketing book is as simple as understanding the questions that your potential clients typically raise. Effective law firm books address these questions by educating the potential client. Consider the following points:
- What question typically drives your potential client to begin searching for more information?
- What are the most common questions that first-time callers raise when they contact your law firm?
- What fears are typically raised by new clients?
- What factors have the largest effect on a particular type of case?
- What intricacies apply to this area of law?
After considering questions such as those outlined above, you will likely have an idea of a good topic to write your attorney marketing book on. The following are examples of good book topics:
- Insight into the consequences of a drunk driving charge
- How to choose an attorney
- An insider’s overview of the legal process for a particular legal issue
- Ways you can hurt your own case
- Steps you can take to help your case
- Pursuing a claim involving an insurance company
- A guide to the potential types of damages available in your case
Most attorneys start their firms assuming that being a really, really good attorney should, in and of itself, be a marketing advantage. Those attorneys believe that joining a whole bunch of committees and putting their name in lawyer directories is “marketing,” and they never bother to ask if there is a better way.
Attorneys are catching on, however, and those who succeed learn to leverage their current resources to create effective (and ethical) marketing. What they discover isn’t a magic pill or silver bullet but a different approach to marketing that your competitors haven’t considered.
If you want a peek at what successful attorneys use to market their practice, the HERO Starter Kit is your logical next step.
We’ve put together a FREE (and potentially life-changing) kit for solo and small firm attorneys that will show you a better way to reach potential clients and get them excited to call your firm. Request your HERO Starter Kit from Great Legal Marketing!
Ben is a nationally recognized expert in attorney marketing and the owner of Great Legal Marketing.